Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to The Big Lead, Renee Young is “highly likely” to host the WWE studio show that will air on FS1 later this year.
- Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Charlotte missed some house shows alongside Andrade after the death of his mother. She could miss more time for the same reason.
- Bryan Alvarez mentioned on Wrestling Observer Live that he believes WWE did make changes to Monday Night Raw during the show to account for the NBA Playoff game going on at the same time. At the very least, they kept an eye on the game.
- MLW is allowing its talent to work anywhere but WWE, including AEW, because the idea is it would make them more valuable, according to the Observer.
- On the Ariel Helwani Show, Chael Sonnen claimed WWE offered him money to no show his second fight against Anderson Silva, then later offered him $5 million if he could win and bring the belt to Monday Night Raw.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.